04 Nov Fight Winter Blues With New Interior Paint Colors
Posted at 15:25h in Our Blog
No matter how big a fan you are of winter, eventually it can start to feel a little long. The days are short, the air holds an icy chill, and you might already be growing tired of winter outside of your office and we are only a month in.
We have a solution to keep your spirits up, since we live in a world of color, we thought right now would be a good time to share some tips on how to brighten the spaces that matter to you most through your interior paint and decorating decisions.
Choosing Interior Paint Strategically
- Cold Colors – When you think of winter, what colors come to mind? Aside from white snow, icy blue and grey are prominent. Remove these as much as possible from your office palette. They can elicit feelings of cold and depression.
- Add Warmth – Red, orange, yellow, and all the family members in that spectrum are an asset, and should be added to your environment. If you like a particular hue that is too strong for an entire room, how about just having an accent wall painted?
- Plant Life – Believe it or not, a plant on a desk adds a sense of spring and life.
- Activity – Even though this isn’t color-related, it’s too valuable to leave out: add a brisk walk or some form of activity to your day! It releases endorphins, thus reducing stress.
- Make Your Paint Pop – Invest in some extra lighting during this darker season to not only show off your interior paint, but also to eliminate shadows that can lower your mood.